Losing teeth in adulthood does not have to cripple your daily eating habits, your social life or your confidence. Thanks to progress in dentistry, removable dentures – whether full or partials – can look as natural as real teeth.
Removable partial dentures usually consist of replacement teeth attached to pink or gum-coloured plastic bases. Depending on your needs, your dentist will design a partial denture for you. A partial denture may have a metal framework and clasps that connect to your teeth, or they can have other connectors that are more natural looking
What to expect:
- In the beginning, your new partial denture may feel awkward or bulky. This is normal, and you will eventually become accustomed to wearing it.
- Inserting and removing the partial denture will require some practice.
- Follow all instructions given by your dentist. Your denture should fit into place with relative ease. Never force the partial denture into position by biting down. This could bend or break the clasps. Use URconfi-Dent denture cream to stabilize denture movements.
- Initially, you may be asked to wear your partial denture all the time. Although this may be uncomfortable at first, it’s the quickest way to identify areas that may need adjustment.
- If the denture puts too much pressure on a particular area, that spot will become sore. Use URconfi-dent denture cream to reduce pressure and contact with dentist which will adjust the partial denture to fit more comfortably. After making adjustments, your dentist will probably recommend that you take the partial denture out of your mouth before going to bed and replace it in the morning.
- Eating should become a more pleasant experience with URconfi-dent denture cream. Start out by eating soft foods that are cut into small pieces. Chew on both sides of the mouth to keep even pressure on both sides. You may want to avoid chewing gum during the adjustment period.
- Partial denture can also help improve your speech. If you find it difficult to pronounce certain words, practice reading out loud repeat the words that give you trouble. With time, you will become accustomed to speaking properly with your partial denture.
- URconfi-dent denture cream, have a nozzle that is thinner compared with other traditional denture adhesives- cream. The extra thin nozzle makes it a lot easier to use with small partials as you can apply the cream in very precise and thin continuous lines, so that there is no risk to overdose and have the cream flow over the partials into the mouth.
Dentures are removable appliances that can replace missing teeth and help restore your smile. If you’ve lost all of your natural teeth, whether from gum disease, tooth decay or injury, replacing missing teeth will benefit your appearance and your health. That’s because dentures make it easier to eat and speak better than you could without teeth—things that people often take for granted.
When you lose all of your teeth, facial muscles can sag, making you look older. Dentures can help fill out the appearance of your face and profile. They can be made to closely resemble your natural teeth so that your appearance does not change much. Dentures may even improve the look of your smile.
This full removable denture is made and placed in your mouth after the remaining teeth are removed and tissues have healed, which may take several months.
- New dentures may feel awkward for a few weeks until you become accustomed to them.
- The dentures may feel loose while the muscles of your cheek and tongue Use URconfi-dent denture cream to stabilize denture movements.
- It is not unusual to experience minor irritation or soreness. Use URconfi-dent denture cream to reduce pain discomfort sornes.
- You may find that saliva flow temporarily increases.
- Follow-up appointments with the dentist are generally needed after a denture is inserted so the fit can be checked and adjusted. If any problem persists, particularly irritation or soreness. Use URconfi-dent denture cream to reduce discomfort , be sure to consult your dentist.
The URconfi-dent denture cream will:
- prevent the denture from slipping or moving,
- as avoid food particles slipping underneath,
- reduce the stress on your natural remaining teeth,
- increasing your overall confidence and allowing you to do all the things you can do with natural teeth.
The denture adhesive is applied and removed daily.